Note: For the Purpose of Brevity McCann Financial Consultants Ltd T/A O’Sullivan Financial Solutions will be termed O’Sullivan Financial Solutions throughout this document.
O’Sullivan Financial Solutions is committed to protection and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in relation to not only processing your date but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of O’Sullivan Financial Solutions in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- O’Sullivan Financial Solutions
- Contact details 6-8 Clonkeen Road, Deansgrange, Co. Dublin. Tel 01-2892077
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
O’Sullivan Financial Solutions aims to help you to achieve and enhance your financial objectives. At O’Sullivan Financial Solution we are all about you, the client. As an impartial intermediary we constantly strive to ensure that we have the best possible range of products and advice for your needs.
We have a proven track record in building long term relationships with our clients with the aim to help you to look after your financial objectives by providing you with unbiased knowledge and the best products.
Our range of services include
- Retirement planning, pensions
Our Date Protection Officer/GDPR Owner and date protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Name: Donal O’Sullivan
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone number: 01-2892077
Purpose for processing your data
- To respond to your request (s) for advice or products or queries in relation to same.
- To review your financial or insurance position or products as is prudent or required.
- To recommend products that protect your lifestyle e.g. protection your family in the event of your death.
- To plan your financial future e.g. retirement funds, saving and investment options.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with financial services, O’Sullivan Financial Solutions need to collect personal data for implementation of various financial product and services. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under GDPR is:
- Legal basis – O’Sullivan Financial Solutions needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract. (Protection Policy, investments, pensions or any other suitable financial product or service).
In any event, O’Sullivan Financial are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will O’Sullivan Financial Solutions use the personal data it collects about me?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to O’Sullivan Financial Solutions in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your date with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with O’Sullivan Financial Solutions procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- New Ireland
- Royal London
- Standard Life
- Phoenix Ireland
- Friend First
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside EU as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subject Rights:
We facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our date protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights.
- Rights of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
- Right to a judicial review: In the event that O’Sullivan Financial Solutions Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason why.
All of the above request will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. We will process personal data I accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body Central Bank of Ireland and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by O’Sullivan Financial Solutions or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority the Data Commissioner’s office, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact O’Sullivan Financial Solutions data protection representatives Donal O’Sullivan, 01-2892077 or email email@example.com.
Failure to provide further information
If we are collection your data for a contract (e.g. protection policy, investment, or pension) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details or incorrect.
Financial advisors use profiling in their business. The main categories are
- Risk profiling. To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customer’s attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
- Profiling for marketing purposes. When we seek to contact you about other services, as outlined above we run automated queries on our computerised data base to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services. Establishing affordability and proving quotations for financial services products.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 01-2892077.